Elena's Late Start

Just graduated. Not engaged. Definitely not married. And very, very far away from having kids.

November 21, 2011

Sunday Sayings

 Bailey over at her great blog (which I recently discovered), Lost and Found
has started a great link-up with Sunday Sayings.

According to Bailey Sunday Sayings are things you find on the internet that "Makes you happy. Makes you cry. Or makes you laugh"  I really love this idea and have decided to join her in this!

So here is my first Sunday Saying:

Via this Tumblr

I am a huge Harry Potter fan.  I have been since I was 13.  I remember a librarian came from my town's public library to talk to my 8th grade English class about the awesomeness that is summer reading.  Since I was (and still am) a huge book work I hung onto her every word and felt that I was the only person in the class who cared.  She started to talk about this book.  This book they only has two copies from Canada that another librarian brought in circulation because it wasn't out yet in the US.  

And it was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

The librarian giving the talk had a sign up sheet to get on the waiting list for the book, and I was the first (and possibly only person) to get on it from my class.  I waited for months to get my chance to read it.

Harry Potter came at a very lonely point in my life.  I didn't have a lot of friends and I was bullied a lot. So it was an escape for me and Harry, Ron, and Hermione became the friends that I really didn't have over the summer.  I cannot thank J.K. Rowling enough for having the inspiration to write these novels.

To this day Harry, Ron, and Hermione are some of the best friends I have ever had.  

And I cannot wait to introduce them to my future children.

So.

Thank you, Harry.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for checking out my blog and the sweet mention! And thank you for sharing your Sunday Sayings! I love this! I think it's funny how life works out sometimes. I mean, a book of all things, helped you at a hard time in your life. That's amazing and i'm so happy they (harry, ron and hermione) was there you needed them! I too escape from reality by reading, but lately not enough.

    Can't wait to check out more of your blog!!!

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the fourth book. I've never read them! Silly that I waited this long.

    ps. Thanks for the music tips! I can't wait to check them out!

    ReplyDelete