Elena's Late Start

Just graduated. Not engaged. Definitely not married. And very, very far away from having kids.

October 11, 2011

The Hawaii Posts: People


I think it's best to start this series with the people who made our trip possible.  Chris and I spent countless hours with his amazing family and friends who treated (and spoiled us) with much kindness, generosity, and love.  This was my first time meeting many of them, you know, beyond Skype.


This is Chris' half sister Natalie. She hung out with us after we checked into the hotel that Chris' dad and step-mom work at.


Chris and Natalie together.  Would you believe she's 13?  She is tiny just like her mom, Lucy.



I took this picture of Chris with his best friend's Andy's mom, Sue Jan.  She calls Chris the fourth son of their family.  I stayed with her, her husband, and their eldest son Greg during our trip.  She's a kindergarten teacher and a great cook.



Chris' Aunty Cheryl took us and several family friends to dinner at a teppanyaki restaurant called Kobe.  It was a lot of fun for the kids.  Aunty Carol brought her two sons Nicholas and they had blast.  Here is Chris with Natalie, Ethan, and a tanuki statue.  Notice the sizable nads on the tanuki.

This is Aunty Jewel with her partner Aunty Cheryl Anne.  They live in a beautiful house on Koko Marina.  This was taken on the top of Mariner's Ridge.  I enjoyed all of the time I spent with them.




This is Chris' dad Greg.  He is a big foodie and baker just like me.

Please ignore Chris in this picture.  This is the only picture I took of his Grandma.
This is Chris' step-mom, Lucy, who is Natalie's mom. See the resemblance?

This is Greg, who is Chris' best friend older brother. He's huge Doctor Who fan, just like me.

These pictures weren't taken in Hawaii, but the night we got back to Oregon:

This is Elisa, she came and rescued us at airport in Portland.

 Chris, using my phone to talk to someone. I think it was Andy's mom.

This is Andy, Chris' best friend, and me.  He's Greg's brother, Sue Jan's son.


So, that's it for the people we spent our holiday with.  I miss them dearly and the made our trip that much greater.  Sorry the spacing between the picture is wonky.

No comments:

Post a Comment